[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Sat May 23 02:18:52 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-21, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
<helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de> wrote:

> On a whim, I increased the number of global sections, and the loop now
> lasts longer before it stops.

Have you tried increasing GBLPAGES as well?

I'll suggest adding 50,000 to GBLPAGES.  Yes that's a figure plucked
from the air, but I'm deliberately erring on the generous side.  There
was a known problem with that parameter in earlier versions of VMS where
DECwindows would see a shortage, and try to remedy it by adding an entry
to MODPARAMS.DAT (or maybe one of the INCLUDEd Autogen files - I forget
the precise details), but fail to do so correctly.

--
If you're going through hell, keep going.          -- Winston Churchill