[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Sun May 24 13:54:45 EDT 2015

In article <g9193c-qag.ln1 at news.chingola.ch>, Paul Sture
<nospam at sture.ch> writes:

> > Or don't support underconfigured boxes to start with.

I happily ran DECwindows on a 255/233 with 64 MB RAM.  (At the time, it
was the fastest workstation in the world.)  An XP1000 with 2 GB RAM is
so much better.  I doubt that DECwindows resource consumption has
increased by anything like an equivalent amount.  Thus, I don't think
that I have underpowered hardware nor that there is a parameter or quota
problem.  A looping process sounds like a bug to me.