[Info-vax] grey screen of death

John Reagan xyzzy1959 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:36:25 EDT 2015

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 11:19:43 AM UTC-4, Stephen Hoffman wrote:

> Whether VSI and Nemonix decide to implement Internet-remote InfoServer
> boot via EFI as an option on their x86-64 servers?  Probably not.
> (Nice value-add if they did, though.)

One, you'd certainly want something like Secure Boot to protect against some man-in-the-middle attack to slip something into the boot path.

Two, the protocol used by InfoServer today isn't IP routable.  I suspect PXE or iPXE support would have to be added.  Seems like a perfect DOS attack just waiting to happen.