[Info-vax] grey screen of death

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Sun May 24 18:00:56 EDT 2015

In article <mjth8q$1ai1$1 at news.kjsl.com>,
helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de (Phillip Helbig (undress to reply))
writes:

> MONI SYSTEM shows about 16 per cent CPU, but SHOW SYSTEM shows total CPU
> time for all processes on the system of just a few seconds.  Nothing
> ever shows up as the "top" process.  Also, MONI SYSTEM/TOPC shows
> nothing.  My guess is that these subprocesses are using up the CPU, but
> exist for too short a time for MONITOR to catch them.

This might be a red herring.  On a 7.3-2 node with CDE running, I now
see the hourglass when the mouse is on the background (but only then).
I've never seen this before.  It might be related to some of my tests,
as discussed in previous posts in this thread, and perhaps the
subprocesses are related to them as well.