[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Mon May 25 04:27:42 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) skrev den 2015-05-25 09:58:
> In article <b49f17d4-1ef9-4905-af8e-d6e3b47e8b6a at googlegroups.com>,
> Steven Schweda <sms.antinode at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> TCPIP SH DEV shows no port 6000.
>>
>>     Not a surprise unless decw$server_transports
>> (DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM) includes TCPIP.  Around here
>> (V8.3 is up at the moment):
>
> Indeed.  Following EPLAN's suggestion, I reduced this to just LOCAL.
> Didn't help.

And "This" was about this?

$ decw$server_transports == "DECNET,LOCAL,TCPIP"

What was it reduced *from*? Did it include TCPIP before?

Note that one of the (few) hits on DWT-F-DWTABORT in Google
is about someone not having TCPIP configured for DECW. Or
not having some "UCX driver" loaded or whatever. Some posts
used other stacks but it was always some "transport" issues.

But I know nothing... :-)

Jan-Erik.