[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 25 11:41:12 EDT 2015

In article <7e738e99-b0af-45c0-bc4e-c826f462ba97 at googlegroups.com>, Hans
Vlems <hvlems at freenet.de> writes:

> SYSGEN parameter values that have a lower setting at your system,
> compared to what is on mine (in brackets):
>
> MPW_LOLIMIT      1338  [1809]
> GH_EXEC_DATA      448 which is below the default of 512
> MPW_THRESH       2676  [3618]
> ACP_SYSACC         13  [75]

I found four more (Hans's values are on the left, transformed to MIN_
values; mine are on the right):

MIN_MAXPROCESSCNT=605        448
MIN_BALSETCNT=603        446
MIN_ACP_QUOCACHE=605     448
MIN_ACP_SYSACC=75        13

Other suggestions here caused me to increase some others as well:

MIN_TTY_ALTYPAHD=2064
MIN_TTY_ALTALARM=1600
MIN_TTY_TYPAHDSZ=2064

This had no effect.  I'm no expert, but my feeling is that none of the
above are relevant to my problem, but the next reboot will see.  (I'll
first do just through TESTFILES and see if anything else changes before
actually rebooting.)