[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Tue May 26 08:46:26 EDT 2015

Peter 'EPLAN' LANGSTOeGER schreef op 24-mei-2015 om 21:29:
> I second the idea of seeing an XP1000 with 2GB *not* as an underpowered
> system (for OpenVMS Alpha of course ;-). Only a EV7 systems are faster.

Or else an EV68CB system (like the DS15 I had), also, with a much more
similar footprint.  (I certainly wouldn't consider, for instance, an
ES47 to replace an XP1000...  Unless I had enough money to waste on
electricity bills and means to place the system in another room to
block out the noise and heat.)

  - MG