[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Tue May 26 09:15:54 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) schreef op 22-mei-2015 om 01:12:
> I'm pretty sure that it is a quota or parameter problem.  If I start
> fiddling with the hardware, things will be even harder to track down.

How come?  Just a simple verification if the hardware is in order, to
see whether a specific video card works in another system (again, if
you have one where it will work in, of course), for instance.

> I will boot from 7.3-2 again, though.

Have you yet?  I saw you mentioning you would in other posts, too, but
I don't recall you writing about the 'outcome' of it.

> I do see the hourglass, so it looks like the video card, monitor, cables
> etc are OK.

How do you know that for sure?  For instance, do you have certain X11/
DECwindows modules for hardware-acceleration loaded?  I don't recall
how and what is exactly utilized (with regard to "Open3D" and such),
but maybe it's the reason you might only see the mouse cursor?

  - MG