[Info-vax] interactively edit PDF files on VMS?

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Tue May 26 09:23:04 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) schreef op 25-mei-2015 om 22:58:
> sometimes someone wants me to interactively edit and/or annotate
> a PDF file.  Is there anything which will do this on VMS?

... What do you think?

> I have a reasonably recent ghostscript, but I use it only for displaying
> files (usually with GV) and converting PS to PDF (and occasionally vice
> versa).  I don't know if it can do edits.  Maybe there is some frontend
> like GV which allows editing?

How do you mean, a 'WYSIWYG' editor for PostScript and/or LaTeX that
produces PDF results on-the-fly?  I have never heard for it, not for
VMS at least.  In fact, I'm not even aware of any actual LaTeX
distribution for VMS, let alone I64 (only old VAX and AXP).

DECdocument is probably what you'd probably want to consider...

	<http://www.ttinet.com/decdocument.html>

There's supposedly a free trial, but whether that's still provided,
but the "Copyright © 1999 [...]" part doesn't give me much hope...)

  - MG