[Info-vax] interactively edit PDF files on VMS?

MG marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl
Tue May 26 18:28:50 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) schreef op 26-mei-2015 om 21:06:
> In article <556473b9$0$21340$e4fe514c at dreader37.news.xs4all.nl>, MG
> <marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> In fact, I'm not even aware of any actual LaTeX
>
> Do you mean "aktuel", i.e. "current"?

Yes, more that meaning, like indeed the foremost meaning of the
word in German/Dutch (maybe my long weekend in Germany bolstered
this teutonism), so "current" would've probably been a better
choice of words here.  Although, what I wrote between parenthesis
should have made that much clear, too...

> LaTeX is very portable.  Sure, one can "package" it to make it easier
> to set up on VMS, but LaTeX itself is portable---text files for
> configuration, portable code, etc.

I'm actually a big proponent and fan of TeX/LaTeX, derivatives and spin-
offs.  It's too bad it seemingly began to decline, approximately during
the AXP age (in my estimation).  But perhaps that's also because
DECdocument stole its thunder?  (It was apparently good enough for DEC,
Compaq and HP for authoring manuals and such, from what I understand.)

  - MG