[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

seasoned_geek roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sun May 31 19:06:55 EDT 2015

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:11:27 AM UTC-5, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:
> seasoned_geek skrev den 2015-05-31 16:16:
>
> > Ubuntu allows an individual from Egypt or some place like that...
>
> What is one supposed to read into the phrase "like that"?

Nothing, it simply was. I was also told that was why he had to drive/travel some distance to a friend's place. Apparently the hardware he was supposed to be supporting wasn't available over there. His friend had been some place where it was and returned with a computer that had it.

The point is they let __anyone__ volunteer to be a maintainer whether they have the ability to maintain it or not.

I even went out and purchased 6 different modems of that type to help debugging, but after the Nth time of stuff getting turned in which wouldn't even compile I simply gave up.