[Info-vax] OpenSSL 1.1.0 released

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Mon Sep 5 23:33:48 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-06, Craig A. Berry <craigberry at nospam.mac.com> wrote:
> On 9/5/16 6:05 PM, Bill Pedersen wrote:
>>
>> I believe John Malmberg has discussed here and also on SourceFORGE
>> and the DECUServe site the fact that there cannot be duplicate file
>> names in PCSI installation kits.
>>
>> The issue, according to John, is that PCSI looks only at the file
>> name, not the directory information.
>
> There has to be more to the story than that, at least with current
> versions of PCSI. The Perl kits I produce have multiple files with the
> same name in different directories and it works just fine.
>
> Do "dir/size perl_root:[000000...]VMS.pm" for an example.

I'm pretty sure duplicate file names caused problems for VMSINSTAL kits.

The easiest way to get those to fall over is to forget to purge the
source directory down to one version before creating the kit; a
VMSINSTAL installation will keel over if it finds more than one file of
the same name in its working directory.

Perhaps that is what is being remembered. Perhaps similar behaviour was
present in earlier versions of PRODUCT INSTALL?

--
It was untidy, so got unplugged.
It was unplugged, so got thrown away.