[Info-vax] OpenSSL 1.1.0 released

Richard Levitte richard at levitte.org
Tue Sep 6 07:40:38 EDT 2016

Den tisdag 6 september 2016 kl. 04:34:42 UTC+2 skrev Craig A. Berry:
> On 9/5/16 5:22 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:

> >> Not to be insulting, but have you EXTRACTed the files from your kit to see if the [.I64VMS]FOO.TXT file is really the right one?
> >
> > I haven't checked, but the extracted [.I64VMS] isn't the right one, the contents is from the Alpha one.
> >
> > Here are the three files used for this test:
> >
> > test-package.com:
> > $	cre/dir [.axpvms]
> > $	cre/dir [.i64vms]
> > $	cre [.axpvms]foo.txt
> > $	deck
> > Alpha FOO
> > $	eod
> > $	cre [.i64vms]foo.txt
> > $	deck
> > IA64 FOO
> > $	eod
> > $
> > $	PRODUCT PACKAGE TEST -
> > 		/BASE=VMS -
> > 		/PRODUCER=Levitte -
> > 		/SOURCE=[]test -
> > 		/DESTINATION=[] -
> > 		/MATERIAL=[] -
> > 		/FORMAT=SEQUENTIAL
> >
> > test.pcsi$desc:
> > product Levitte VMS TEST T0.1 Full ;
> >     if ( ( (<software DEC AXPVMS OPENVMS>)
> >        	   or (<software HP AXPVMS OPENVMS>) )
> >      	 or (<software VSI AXPVMS OPENVMS>) ) ;
> > 	information alpha ;
> >         file [RL-TEST]foo.txt source [.AXPVMS]foo.txt ;
> >     else ;
> > 	information ia64 ;
> >         file [RL-TEST]foo.txt source [.I64VMS]foo.txt ;
> >     end if ;
> > end product ;
> >
> > test.pcsi$text:
> > =product Levitte VMS TEST T0.1 Full
> > 1 'PRODUCT
> > =prompt TEST kit T0.1
> > 1 'NOTICE
> > =prompt Effing pubdom
> > 1 'LICENSE
> > =prompt Pubdom, I tell ya
> > 1 'PRODUCER
> > =prompt Richard Levitte
> > 1 alpha
> > =prompt Installing on Alpha
> > 1 ia64
> > =prompt Installing on IA64
> >
> > After running test-package.com, I can verify that the source files are correct:
> >
> > $ type [...]foo.txt
> >
> > USER:[LEVITTE.TEST.PCSI.AXPVMS]FOO.TXT;1
> >
> > Alpha FOO
> >
> > USER:[LEVITTE.TEST.PCSI.I64VMS]FOO.TXT;1
> >
> > IA64 FOO
> > $ sh def
> >   USER:[LEVITTE.TEST.PCSI]
> >
> > Note that when running PRODUCT PACKAGE, I got this warning:
> >
> > %PCSI-I-MULOBJ, the file [RL-TEST]FOO.TXT is multiply defined; conflict resolution may occur on installation
>
> The problem may be the line:
>
> /MATERIAL=[]

That was faulty, actually.  I changed that to '/MATERIAL=[...]' while I was writing the post, but forgot to update the post ('/MATERIAL=[]' was a temporary experiment)

> The docs say:
>
> "Note that when you use either a wildcard directory or a list of path
> names, if files in different directories have the same name, only the
> first file found in the search path is used."
>
> These docs are from:
>
> http://h41379.www4.hpe.com/doc/732final/6048/6048pro_004.html#heading_18.3
>
> (search for "/MATERIAL")
>
> My guess is you'll have to declare a rooted logical and use that rather
> than a wildcard or single path name, though maybe something like
> SYS$DISK:[.] would work.

No, that didn't quite work...  BUT, you did put me on the right path here, 'cause this seems to work the way I want:

test-package.com:
$	cre/dir [.axpvms]
$	cre/dir [.i64vms]
$	cre [.axpvms]foo.txt
$	deck
Alpha FOO
$	eod
$	cre [.i64vms]foo.txt
$	deck
IA64 FOO
$	eod
$
$	HERE = F$ENV("DEFAULT") - "]" + ".]"    ! Added
$	DEFINE/TRANS=CONC/USER SOURCE 'HERE'    ! Added
$	PRODUCT PACKAGE TEST -
		/BASE=VMS -
		/PRODUCER=Levitte -
		/SOURCE=[]test -