[Info-vax] September 6, 2016 - new Roadmap and State of the Port updates now on VSI website

johnson.eric at gmail.com johnson.eric at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:19:43 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 10:18:35 PM UTC-4, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> All of the VSI releases to date have v8.4 in the name. Yes, with another
> number or two and a dash, but they are all still v8.4. So I took the
> question to be whether there will be an up-to-date version of C++ for
> current releases of OpenVMS I64.

Right. So I think I was trying to decode what was meant on the bottom
left corner of page 2 of the VSI roadmap where it says

H2 2016 Announcements
- C++ Compiler availability
- Support for pure storage... blah blah blah

I think I was reading too much into that first bullet and hoping
that it was a newish C++ compiler for VMS v8.4-X.Y for some
version of ia64.

Sounds like the answer is no.

EJ