[Info-vax] Micro Focus Merger with Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Software Business Segment

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:16:41 EDT 2016

conditions
> including
> > shareholder and regulatory approvals, the merger is
> anticipated to
> > complete in Q3 2017.
> >
> > The combination of Micro Focus and HPE Software will
> deliver
> > outstanding product capability to support today's key
IT
> and business
> > initiatives in Mobile, Cloud, DevOps, Internet of
Things,
> Big Data and
> > Analytics.
> >

> %BUZZWORD-F-STACKOVERFLOW, document buzzword
> limit exceeded
>
> I can't tell from this press release if VMS is going to
Micro
> Focus
> or not and the HP press release isn't any clearer
either.

> The above buzzwords implies it's the fashionable stuff
> Micro Focus
> are interested in, but the HP press release talks about
> moving the
> non-core software assets to Micro Focus.
>
> I'm assuming VMS is on it's way to Micro Focus, but does
> anyone
> know for sure ?
>
> Simon.

It is the HPE Software Business unit going to Micro Focus.
HPE press release has more details:
https://www.hpe.com/us/en/newsroom/news-archive/press-rele
ase/2016/09/1276021-hpe-accelerates-strategy-with-spin-off
-and-merger-of-non-core-software-assets-with-micro-focus.h
tml
" The combination of these software assets -- which
includes HPE's Application Delivery Management, Big Data,
Enterprise Security, Information Management & Governance
and IT Operations Management businesses -- and Micro
Focus' highly complementary portfolio will create one of
the world's largest pure-play software companies."

HP-UX, Non-Stop and OpenVMS support are NOT part of the
HPE Software Business Unit. These are split between the
HPE BCS (Business Critical Servers) and TS (Technical
Services) Support org's.

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com