[Info-vax] PCI-X on VSI OpenVMS

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Fri Sep 9 09:59:50 EDT 2016

Stephen Hoffman wrote:
> On 2016-09-09 10:02:37 +0000, Dirk Munk said:
>
>> Really. I don't even know where to put those PCI and PCI-X adapters.
>> The only new Itanium rack system that HPE is selling *and* is
>> certified for VMS, is the RX2800. It doesn't have PCI or PCI-X
>> slots........
>>
>> I wonder is there is any Itanium system with PCI or PCI-X slots,
>> perhaps this list of adapters was copied from the HP Alpha quickspecs
>> for VMS 8.4??
>
> There are (older) Itanium systems that are supported by VSI OpenVMS
> releases that do have PCI-X slots.   e.g. The rx2660 is supported by VSI
> OpenVMS V8.4-2, and can have PCI-X slots.

Fine, that is in the best of VMS tradition. Never the less if we assume
some one wants to set up a new VMS system, he will be very surprised to
see ancient PCI adapters named fist, and more modern PCIe adapters
later. If you want to proof that VMS is very much alive and a modern OS,
this doesn't help.