[Info-vax] HPE Trims Back To The Core Enterprise Essentials

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Wed Sep 14 12:01:22 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-14, Kerry Main <kemain.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Typical games being played today in the corporate world by
> big $ players ... all under the guise of "shareholder
> value".
>
> Step 1 : "We (HP, Dell, IBM, others) need to scale up in
> order to compete on a global scale ..." results in many
> acquisitions, big bonuses, huge lawyer and bank fees, stock
> options for C level and BOD's.
>
> After a few years of Step 1 ..
>
> Step 2: "We (HP, Dell, IBM, others) need to slim down in
> order to be nimble and react more quickly to rapidly
> changing global market conditions ..." results in many
> divestitures, big bonuses, huge lawyer and bank fees, stock
> options for C level and BOD's.
>
> After a few years of Step 2, repeat Step 1.

Definitely Step 2 at the moment:

“[It was] interesting being big but we need to make sure we are
relevant,” he said, “make sure we really focus on what we’re good at…
because we are smaller we’ve got to be quicker to take share and seize
the opportunities in the market”.

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/14/hpe_emea_boss_confirms_shuffling_of_exec_deck/>

--
It was untidy, so got unplugged.