[Info-vax] "bad select 38" (OpenSSL on VMS)

Craig A. Berry craigberry at nospam.mac.com
Fri Sep 16 10:56:24 EDT 2016

On 9/16/16 8:09 AM, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> On 9/16/2016 7:48 AM, Richard Levitte wrote:
>> Den fredag 16 september 2016 kl. 13:41:25 UTC+2 skrev Neil Rieck:
>>> My advice you you is to get your working code into the OpenSSL
>>> distro  so that others (including HP/HPE/VSI) aren't required
>>> to engage in a coding ritual every time a new version of
>>> OpenSSL is published.
>>
>> Done, actually. The changes finally got merged into the 1.1.0
>> and 1.0.2 branches, so whenever 1.1.0a and 1.0.2i are released,
>> mainstream OpenSSL will finally be free of this particular issue.
>
> Which flavor of the changes?
>
> One that ignores everything but TCP/IP sockets?
>
> One that works only for sockets and terminal I/O?
>
> One that works for Sockets, Terminal I/O, Pipes, and X11?

The change is here:

<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/0d3b65832c6fa94c1d1cfa2f99335f323e3227c1>

At first glance, I think it's only sockets and terminals. Also at first
glance, it's only including iosbdef.h on Alpha, and otherwise rolling
its own _iosb struct. Surely that should be #ifndef _VAX rather than
#ifdef __alpha?