[Info-vax] What would you miss if DECnet got the chop? Was: "bad select 38" (OpenSSL on VMS)

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Sun Sep 18 05:50:56 EDT 2016

 > What would you miss if DECnet got the chop?

Or more important, what would my customer miss if DECnet got the chop?

Nothing.

And myself? I do not remember last time I used a DECnet
based tool, utility, command file or whatever. 10+ years?
We still start DECnet (IV), but I do not really know why.

I fully agree that DECnet once was a nice environment with
a really good integration with VMS, but If I turn 180 degree
around at the future, I cannot see DECnet there.

I think we have to accept that the rest of the world selected
TCPIP for networking.