[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Wed Sep 21 10:09:51 EDT 2016

Den 2016-09-21 kl. 15:16, skrev Dirk Munk:
> clairgrant71 at gmail.com wrote:
>> http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/09/prweb13699173.htm
>>
>> VSI has licensed the intellectual property from Process Software to
>> be the foundation for our own TCPIP stack moving forward.
>>

> Excellent news!

Absolutely good news. But also raises some "interesting" Q's... :-)

Such as, if the Hobbyist program continues, what IP stack will
be included? If any at all, of course...

Will MultiNet from Process be different (as in "better") than
the default "MultiNet-based" stack on VMS? Will parts of the
MultiNet suite be removed from the "native" VMS stack? And if
not, why would Process continue to sell Multinet?

Is this an x64-only change?

But things will be sorted out in due time, I'm sure... :-)

It does seems absolutely logical to use something that is regarded
to work well instead of inventing *that* specific wheel again.

Jan-Erik.