[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Wed Sep 21 17:31:14 EDT 2016

David Froble wrote:
> Dirk Munk wrote:
>> David Froble wrote:

>>> And just how many non-technical users do you know who can set up port
>>> forwarding?  It's more like "what's a port?"  Unless the user interface
>>> is drastically improved, not just fool-proof and idiot-proof, I know
>>> technical users who cannot do so.

>>> Doesn't address the set-up issues ....
>>
>> It is really very simple, and many devices can also use UPnP to open
>> ports.
>>

> Anything is "simple" if one knows what one is doing ....
>
> Anything can be impossible if one doesn't know what one is doing ....

Yes, I know. Unfortunately if you want to be a bit more then just
browsing the internet, you have to understand what you're doing. A nice
example is the scandal with IP cameras. People bought one or more of
these cameras, and had no idea that the cameras were accessible from the
internet. You can guess what happened.