[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Chris xxx.syseng.yyy at gfsys.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 18:26:58 EDT 2016

On 09/23/16 20:49, David Froble wrote:

> Oh, that's been proven. Consider Saddam. Yes, there was some rather bad
> things done. But when the Shias were putting him on trial, he stated "I
> was a fair but firm" ruler. Well, what's happened since shows that that
> just might be what's required. Would be no IS in Iraq if Saddam was
> still in charge.
>
> Unfortunately, things such as rape, murder, and such went along with the
> "firm" part ....

Well, it wasn't that long ago that we were dropping napalm onto
children in Vietnam. That and organo phosphate poisoning (Agent
Orange) and don't even get me started on Cambodia.

If you just consider the numbers of dead in Iraq due to the modern day
western crusades, the people may have been far better off and with
fewer dead with Saddam or similar running the place. As I said, you
cannot overlay or map our concepts of freedom and civil rights onto
countries with no idea of such concepts. Especially, places where
fundamentalist religion overrules all other considerations...

Regards,

Chris