[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Chris xxx.syseng.yyy at gfsys.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 18:17:34 EDT 2016

On 09/25/16 21:57, Dirk Munk wrote:

> There was a survey about what people hated most on ICT. The result? The
> poor performance, the long waiting times. Is it because the computers
> are too small? No, lousy applications, poor database design, poor
> installations and poor if any tuning.
>
> I have increased the performance of computer systems 10-fold by just a
> bit of tuning. And these computers had a 'standard' setup, as you would
> like to see.
>
> So I'm sorry, but your ideas stink, I have seen the results, and it sucks.

On that, we are in complete agreement :-). There have been similar
threads on the pprune website about pilot training and deskilling
the process of flying aeroplanes. Problem there is a bit more serious
though as when the automatics give up, the crew don't have a clue
in some cases how to fly manually and prevent the thing falling out
of the sky. Have a detailed look at the AF447 incident for a classic
example...

Regards,

Chris