[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 20:21:59 EDT 2016

separate
> management embedded processor and associated network
> based ilom port. That supports http or ssh access and can
monitor
> and control all aspects of machine operation. There is also a
serial
> management port offering a subset of the same functionality.
>
> Proliants may have some of this as well, though haven't used
it...

> Regards,
>
> Chris

Lots of systems have dedicated ILO's, mgmt. processors (including
OpenVMS.. the Nautilus family of VAX's had separate Pro380 PC's),
but Steve's point was that these separate mgmt. functions and
serial consoles are a thing of the past. I disagree.

Even HPE's newest generation of ProLiant's have separate mgmt.
functions that include a serial console capability which provides
the capability to plug into a larger secure enterprise console
management strategy.

A secure serial console is an integral component of an overall
integrated multi-platform enterprise console management strategy.

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com