[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Tue Sep 27 13:29:54 EDT 2016

Bob Koehler wrote:
> In article <ns3ogl$sbq$3 at dont-email.me>, David Froble <davef at tsoft-inc.com> writes:
>> Bob Koehler wrote:
>>>>
>>>    Yes, the one many of us still stubbornly refer to as UCX, is what I
>>>    assumed, too.  What other 'older stack' would VSI have, that they
>>>    could plan its demise?
>>>
>> Got to wonder why you are stubborn.  UCX was the product prior to TCP/IP V5.
>> The TCP/IP V5 stuff came from the T64 product.  Not UCX.
>
>    It never got better, when compared to the other stacks that are
>    available.

Yeah, and we know why.  Someone would have to have given a damn, and HP sure didn't.

But it actually went all the way back to DEC.  Perhaps some NIH ...

I've been able to "get by" with the product.  But I haven't been able to get by
with SSL which should be an integral part of the product, and much easier to
use, and understand, and DECENT ERROR MESSAGES!!!