[Info-vax] product not installing

Bill Cunningham nospam at nspam.invalid
Tue Sep 27 15:43:33 EDT 2016

    I have copied into the directory dua0:[000000] a product called cc064.a
and one called cc064.b. Version 6.4 of the C compiler. I try to run
vmsinstal to install or attempt to install the kit. It will not work because
I am sure the memory pages aren't set correctly but I will get to that. I am
merely trying to get vmsinstal to work.

    I type '@sys$update:vmsinstall cc064.a' and vmsinstal attempts to
install.

    It wants to know if I am satiffied with my backup I answer 'yes' the
default. It asks where the product kit is.

    I respond dua0:[000000] the MFD were the kit is. vmsinstal responds it
can't find it. I am ethier in the directory dua0:[000000] or [sysmgr]
directory which also has a logical name. I also notice shutdown doesn't work
after this. What am I doing wrong?

Bill