[Info-vax] product not installing

VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG VAXman- at SendSpamHere.ORG
Wed Sep 28 17:32:18 EDT 2016

In article <nsh6n3$mra$1 at dont-email.me>, "Bill Cunningham" <nospam at nspam.invalid> writes:

><VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG> wrote in message
>news:00B0FC7E.CBC1A79F at SendSpamHere.ORG...

>> $ @sys$update:vmsinstall cc064 dua0:[000000]
>
>I will copy from the log what that gets me,
>
>$ @sys$update:vmsinstal cc064 dua0:[000000]
>

> OpenVMS VAX Software Product Installation Procedure V7.3
>

>It is 28-SEP-2016 at 15:41.
>
>Enter a question mark (?) at any time for help.
>
>* Are you satisfied with the backup of your system disk [YES]?
>

>The following products will be processed:
>
>  CC V6.4
>

> Beginning installation of CC V6.4 at 15:41
>
>%VMSINSTAL-I-RESTORE, Restoring product save set A ...
>%BACKUP-F-NOTSAVESET, DUA0:[000000]CC064.A;1 is not a BACKUP save set
>%VMSINSTAL-E-NOSAVESET, Save set  A  cannot be restored.
>

> VMSINSTAL procedure done at 15:42

This is a common problem with downloads.  To where did you initially download
the files?  I'm going to assume it wasn't to OpenVMS.  These files were, IIRC,
in a .ZIP archive.  Where did you UNZIP them?  Again, I'll assume that too was
not on OpenVMS.  You have the kit installation files but their format has been
corrupted.

You need to get the files as .ZIP archives and UNZIP them on OpenVMS.  You can
find UNZIP for OpenVMS on various site on the web.  In fact, I believe HP has
both ZIP and UNZIP for OpenVMS on its web site.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG