[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Wed Sep 28 19:41:52 EDT 2016

David Froble wrote:
> Dirk Munk wrote:

Sounds like Germany in 1933

> Some of it has been caused by "smart" people
> not giving a damn as long as the next quarter numbers look good, and, it
> goes downhill from there.

And it has been caused by the people of the US itself, by electing a
Democratic president, and then electing a Republican majority in both
houses of congress, and that majority had only one agenda, blocking
everything Obama wanted. Then indeed nothing gets done.

Add to that the general idea that taxes are very bad, and the federal
government can never be trusted, and you get a very poisonous atmosphere
where it is impossible to start major projects like rebuilding the
crumbling road infrastructure of the US.

> Not saying that I agree with Donald's solutions, because I do not.
>
> Another thing to consider, on the Democratic side there also are people
> who are unhappy, and they were supporting Bernie.  Too bad the Democrat
> leadership had already made up their mind on "more of the same".

Bernie is a great man, but that doesn't mean he would have been a great
president. Look at Jimmy Carter, also a great man, but not a very good
president. However, he certainly is the best ex-president the US ever
had, he used his position as ex-president of the US all over the world
to bring peace.

Bernie did show the Democratic party that there is an enormous group of
young enthusiast voters on the left of what was their traditional
position the last decades. That may help to redefine the Democratic party.

The Republicans however are in deep trouble. They did the most stupid
thing they could have done, they started to believe their own BS. Now
they're stuck with lots of crackpots and lunatics in their party, and
"The Donald" is the superlative of this.

A highly respectable Republican statesman like Colin Powell can only
describe Trump as "A national disgrace, and an international pariah".