[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Thu Sep 29 03:53:09 EDT 2016

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <4zYGz.718697$lr2.237820 at fx16.ams1>, Dirk Munk <munk at home.nl>
> writes:
>
>> And it has been caused by the people of the US itself, by electing a
>> Democratic president, and then electing a Republican majority in both
>> houses of congress, and that majority had only one agenda, blocking
>> everything Obama wanted. Then indeed nothing gets done.
>
>> Bernie is a great man, but that doesn't mean he would have been a great
>> president. Look at Jimmy Carter, also a great man, but not a very good
>> president. However, he certainly is the best ex-president the US ever
>> had, he used his position as ex-president of the US all over the world
>> to bring peace.
>
> Wasn't Carter's main problem that he didn't have a majority in Congress?

It's a long time ago, but it seems to me Jimmy Carter was just to much
of a decent guy to be an effective president. That may sound strange,
but a president sometimes (often?) has to make decisions he really
doesn't like to make.

>> A highly respectable Republican statesman like Colin Powell can only
>> describe Trump as "A national disgrace, and an international pariah".
>
> Colin Powell would have probably won the Republican nomination, right?

No, the Republican party has been spreading so much BS the past years,
that a moderate and intelligent man like Colin Powell has no chance
against the bunch of extremist idiots we have seen as Republican
candidates. The Republicans have been stirring up their potential voters
to a level that they lost control all together, and so we got The Donald.