[Info-vax] product not installing

Bill Cunningham nospam at nspam.invalid
Fri Sep 30 15:55:46 EDT 2016

"Jan-Erik Soderholm" <jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com> wrote in message
news:nsk01p$u6g$1 at news.albasani.net...

> VMS doesn't "has ZIP", but it can be downloaded. Sometimes there are
> a copies on the same wen page where the CC kit was in the first place.

    I logged into 'system' and I noticed that. There was no zip or unip for
vax at the download site HP gave me. It is accessable by ftp, sftp, dropbox
and a couple other ways. They don't want you giving this out per license
agreement. I guess they give it to everyone individually.

    The C compiler pages to install is 100K blocks. This I am supposing has
nothing to do with modparams.dat and autogen. Because it speaks of using
'authorize'. Show device sys$sysdevice is used.

    Now is this not a global pages or sections setting? What kind of
settings are changed by UAF> Authorize? I've never used it and I keep
reading and can simply copy the typed words, but IDK what I'm doing?

Bill