[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 18:16:00 EST 2022

In article <j3ohkpFrqsqU1 at mid.individual.net>, bill.gunshannon at gmail.com
(Bill Gunshannon) wrote:

> And, as far as I know, The VA is still running VISTA which is
> also an ANSI-M (otherwise known as MUMPS) application. I wonder
> if any of them are on VMS? If not, what are they running on and
> could VMS find away into that rather lucrative niche.

Probably not:

  "In May, 2018, the VA awarded a contract to Cerner Corp to replace
  VistA with the commercial off-the-shelf EHR, Cerner Millenium.
  Pilot implementations took place in the fall of 2020, and by November,
  24 million veteran health records had been migrated to the new
  platform. The projected completion for migration of all VA sites
  is 2028.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VistA

John