[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Fri Jan 7 13:57:07 EST 2022

On 2022-01-06, Arne Vajhøj <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:
> On 1/6/2022 10:46 AM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
>> One may not like MUMPS and its variants.
>
> For those with an strong desire to try MUMPS aka M on VMS, then:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/files/GT.M-Alpha-OpenVMS/V6.2-001/

After a 5-minute read of the Mumps language syntax, I have come to
the conclusion that it makes TECO look user-friendly. :-)

The total of my Mumps knowledge has been acquired over the last few
minutes and is based on the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS#Summary_of_key_language_features

I really don't like the dynamic nature of variables and the dynamic
way they are created when first referenced. It makes Mumps look more
like a scripting language than an application programming language.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP