[Info-vax] RMS and SSIO (again)

Vitaly Pustovetov pustovetov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:24:53 EST 2022

> no the authors of RMS did not invent SSIO, RMS was written for RSX/RSTS way back when...
> SSIO was developed by developers with a *nix background.

Do you know who the authors of RMS and SSIO are? ;)
One of the people who created SSIO now has been working on RMS since 1975 (member of the initial VMS design team :)
Another example is Ruth Goldenberg, she came up with part of the SSIO design.

> Also after 17 years and it still not working don't you think it is time to move on, and just fix CRTL. NB I have also stated that RMS should be fixed but until then the work around I have suggested to a good fit.

Current status - SSIO works well and is in the field test phase. It's simple, fast, and fixes the problem for everyone, not just CRTL users.
The options for fixing this problem in CRTL that I know are complex and slow. Maybe your hack is quick and easy, I haven't looked at it carefully yet.