[Info-vax] printing issue form/stock mismatch

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Mon Jan 24 13:39:23 EST 2022

On 2022-01-24, pcoviello at gmail.com <pcoviello at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm trying to setup a que to use tray 3 but somehow ending up with a form/stock mismatch error.  I'll try to provide all the info let me know what else you would like to see.
>
> here is the form
> TRAY_3                                   15   TRAY_3
>     /LENGTH=66 /MARGIN=(BOTTOM=6) /SETUP=(TRAY3) /STOCK=TRAY_3 /TRUNCATE /WIDTH=132
>
> command to create que
> $ INIT/START/QUEUE/ON='F$GETSYI("NODENAME")::"10.129.76.84:9100" -
> /libr=sys$library:DCPS$DEVCTL.TLB/PROCESSOR=TCPIP$TELNETSYM/FORM=tray_3 -
> /BASE_PRI=4/OWNER=[1,4]/PROTECTION=(S:M,O:D,G:R,W:S) AX_NEW$PRINT

First, since you are referencing a DCPS library, is there still a setup
command for the queue in the DCPS startup command file ?

> what I don't understand in the output below and where I think my problem is, that it has form =DEFAULT  where is that being defined?  or is it something else?
>
> que characteristics
> FACS1>sh que/full ax*new*
> Printer queue AX_NEW$PRINT, idle, on FACS1::"10.129.76.84:9100", mounted form TRAY_3
>   /BASE_PRIORITY=4 /DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) /LIBRARY=SYS$LIBRARY:DCPS$DEVCTL.TLB Lowercase /OWNER=[SYSTEM]
>   /PROCESSOR=TCPIP$TELNETSYM /PROTECTION=(S:M,O:D,G:R,W:S)

You specify what the current form is, but you don't specify what the
default form is for new entries queued without a specified form name.

I would suggest that you just supply the init/queue/default values
yourself as part of the init/queue command line.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP