[Squaredancing] Question

Rita M. Dunn rdunn01 at snet.net
Wed Jun 8 16:58:56 EDT 2005

A while back my former club (Swingles) in Western Mass. instituted what
we called the "Red Dot Dancers".  Dancers without partners and those
willing to share their partner for a tip or two would place a small red
dot (which was available at the admission desk) on their badge and this
would let others know they were "available" to dance with whomever.
Dancers could then ask without being embarrassed of the person not being
single, etc.  I still have a copy of the explanation which was available
as dancers paid their admission.  Just let me know.  I know another club
in Danbury, CT has also been using it with some success.  We also tried
the "Partner Rotation" chart similar to the Post-its but someone needs
to be "in charge" of it and some did not understand the system so it
didn't work quite right.
Rita Dunn
Formerly of Swingles but now belonging to Redstone Squares
Western Massachusetts