[Squaredancing] Interfacing Google Maps and Locating Square Dance Clubs/dances

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Thu Jun 23 00:00:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

For the last few weeks while job searching, I've been playing with
customizing (read hacking) Google Maps (maps.google.com) to see if I
could add Square Dance club locations to the maps.

You can see my initial results at
<http://www.nnjsda.org/new_find_clubs.php>. Use the menu on the left
side of the page to select the criteria used to display the clubs.
These are the clubs in the Northern New Jersey Square Dancers
Associaion. You can see my original way of finding clubs on the home
page <http://www.nnjsda.org/>.

You need Javascript turned on for this to work. There seems to be
some problems when using MSIE 6.0. It works well with Firefox. Don't
know about Opera and earlier versions of MSIE on the PC and MAC.

If anyone is interested in how this was done, contact me privately.

Ken Robinson