[Squaredancing] National Convention

Bruce brucemorgan at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 19:06:25 EDT 2005

Thanks,

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Squaredancing-bounces at rbnsn.com
[mailto:Squaredancing-bounces at rbnsn.com] On Behalf Of Ken Robinson
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 7:03 PM
To: This list for discussing all aspect of MWSD
Subject: Re: [Squaredancing] National Convention

At 06:50 PM 6/27/2005, Bruce wrote:
>This is the first year in 12 years that we have missed the National
>Square Dance Convention.  The only reason that we did not go is
>because it was being held in Portland, OR.  It was held in Portland
>in 1994 and I didn't want to spend my money going to a place we have
>already been.  The same thing holds for the next 2 years; San
>Antonio and Charlotte.

That's one of the reasons were hoping to go because we were there in
1994 and really enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately, we had to cancel,
since I lost my job on June 2nd and Helena's health has been
declining lately. (Helena has been unemployed for 3 years).

We hope to be able to make the next few, if our finances improve and
Helena is able to travel.

>I plan on going in 2008.
>
>I was just wondering who won the bid for 2009.  If anybody on here
>is back from the National in Portland please let us know who won.

There was only one city bidding for 2009, Long Beach, CA. According
to Portland's web site <http://www.54ndsc.com/> they won the bid.
They also announced the final attendance was 8006.

Ken Robinson