[Squaredancing] Clips from trad-dance-callers at yahoogroups.com

ljknews ljknews at mac.com
Wed May 11 18:47:22 EDT 2005

At 10:29 PM +0200 5/11/05, squarekopp at gmx.de wrote:

>Sylvia M:
>The mwsd club in my area offers 2 free evenings in the fall and I went to
>one.  If I had no other dance outlet I would have been more enthusiastic
>but
>they really want people to sign up for their weekly lessons and I could not
>
>attend every lesson.
>
>I  have a regular playing job the 2nd Wednesday of each month and often have
>Wednesday night meeting.  That takes care of 50% of the lesson time and I
>don't
>think it would be fair to sign up knowing that I would only make at most
>half of
>the lessons.
>
>Heiner Fischle:
>Any comments?

I think anyone experienced in contra dancing in that situation should
have the boldness to make their needs known to the person telling them
no.  Around Boston, suburban clubs who find you cannot attend their own
class will gladly refer you to a neighboring club whose class is on a
different night of the week.

>From the few contra dancers I have seen learning MWSD they have an easier
time of it than those of us who started cold.  It might be reasonable in
some high population areas for someone to run a class called "MWSD for
contra dancers".
--
Larry Kilgallen