[Squaredancing] New Dance Group ..To Name It or Not?

Mike Gormley WA8VEC at ARRL.NET
Wed Apr 12 14:09:42 EDT 2006

I have been calling for a new "Community Dance" group in the city of Key
West for the last 7 weeks.   We are just that.  We are not a MWSD
group.  However, I do teach the moves of MWSD, in the event  they want
to move on, they will know the moves without having to relearn them.

We also do Eastern Square dances, contras, mixers, lines, circle dances,
ethnic, Western Rounds, even  non queued waltzes and swing.

Our policy is "open door" every night.  No experience necessary.  It is
loosely run, with no officers.

It has been suggested, more than once, by a MWSD couple that we make it
a club and choose a "name".     We have been referring to it as:
"Community Dancing" , Monday Nights, 7 pm, 750 United Street,  Casual
Dress, Everyone Welcome.

Will giving a name make it sound like you have to "join", "pay dues",
"be an officer", etc.?  What do you think?  Do we need a name?

Mike (Not the organizer, but is the caller) Gormley
Florida Keys