[Squaredancing] Fwd: CBS Wednesday, 2/1/06 - Still Standing " Still Flunking" Episode -Square Dancing -Bob Fisk

Sandy Caldwell jazzgirl7496 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 2 14:26:49 EST 2006

It's was a rare Wednesday night home, so I watched it.  I had never
heard of the program, but the presentation about square dancing didn't
surprise me.  People think of square dancing as something done by old
people in funny clothes.  Since that's mostly true, what else can we
expect.  There are very few people outside of square dancing that know
any differently and they may all be related to square dancers.  I don't
wear "funny" clothes to dance anymore, but teens will definitely think
I'm old, even if I don't.

The program didn't make fun of square dancing as much as it just made it
appear as an activity for older people, not teenagers.  They were
comparing it to climbing a rope to go over a wall.  We aren't likely to
look very athletic in that context.

I thought the portrayal of the teen boy was even worse than that of the
grandmother square dancer.

Sandy
Atlanta