[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte

Karl Springer bi434 at hotfootspin.com
Tue Jul 3 14:23:35 EDT 2007

On 3 Jul 2007 at 13:51 -0400, Linda Jones - LKJ wrote, at least
in part:

> So what IS the dress code for the convention?  We are hoping
> go in the next year or two and I want to dress appropriately.

Excerpt from <http://nationalsquaredanceconvention.com/>:

NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE GUIDELINES FOR DRESS CODE
AT NATIONAL SQUARE DANCE CONVENTIONS®

   1. Square and Round Dance Attire:

          * Ladies - Square Dance Dress/Skirt and top with
crinoline slip and pettipants or Prairie Length Dress/Prairie
Skirt and Top with soft slip (no slacks/jeans or shorts on
square or round dance floors).

          * Men - Long Sleeve Shirt and Dress Slacks or Clean
Dress Jeans (bolo or square dance tie recommended). (No short
sleeve shirts, T-shirts, shorts on square dance or round dance
floors).

Karl