[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte Dresscode

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Wed Jul 4 06:12:06 EDT 2007

A certain dress code could be desirable for the 'flavor of it all' like in
ballroom dancing you expect heels and gowns, and lindy hop ankle socks!
There is something very special to see everyone 'dressed up' but it's
important that the dancers are happy with it! They must be able to wear what
they want so lets make the attire more attractive to the wants and needs of
2007, 8, 9, + + + subject to change with the demands. 'Please dress
according to gender dancing' is downright absurd for the reasons mentioned
below! It suggests only 'real' couples are allowed to dance! Sounds like
this mostly benefits the caller.
I support a dress code suggestion but forcing it on unwilling crowds only
deters dancing pleasure.
Cynde
PS Have you seen those circus acrobats who are wearing one outfit and lift
and drop a hoop and 'poof' they have on another one on? sounds like same
gender dancers could use some of those!

.