[Squaredancing] convention and visitors

David Ameeti david at ameeti.us
Sun Jul 8 19:50:36 EDT 2007

> It was nice that they had the convention center people manning the
> escalators so that in order to go down to them main dance halls you
> had to have a Convention Badge on.  This eliminated a lot of non
> dancers just milling around looking.  They were able to watch from
> window on the main floor.
I have to agree... it would be just terrible if we let non-dancers
actually come inside and watch & listen, and see how much fun we're
having.  We can't have them talking to us irst-hand, and actually asking
us questions -- much better that we keep them outside and make them
watch the caged animals... errr, dancers... like in the zoo.  That way
we don't be able to tell them how much fun it is and actually interact
and let them know how they can join... that would be a bad way of
encouraging them to join us in a class.

That's clearly a much better way to get the interest of non-dancers.
Good call.

--DD