[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte

Heinz D. Trost htrost at gmx.de
Fri Jul 13 11:08:05 EDT 2007

Bill,

> Heinz -- Perhaps its been awhile since you were in the States but the
> only ones still earning only $3.00 - $5.00 an hour are, perhaps, the
> illegal aliens.  I can think of nowhere in the USA now where most people
> are earning less than $15.00 - $20.00 an hour.

really? Wow! Last time I stayed in the USA was from Jun 26, 2007 till
July 1st, 2007...

Here we are told that a lot of American citizens will just earn minimum
wage of $ 5-6, including the whole staff at fast food stores,
restaurants and so on, and the ilegal aliens will get less.

> However, I agree with you, it's a ridiculous price to pay for a cup of
> coffee.

for a short time I worked in a pub and there I was told that coffee is
that product with which a restaurant, pub or so can make the most
profit. And now here at the school I attend together with 16 other
jobless former managers in the age of 45 and older we just closed our
coffee cash box because it's flooded with to much money which came from
our coffee drinkers who pay 030 EUR (ar. $ 0,40) per cup (nevertheless
our teachers do get their coffee for free from us)...

Well, tomorrow we will have Susie and Gert-Jan Rotscheid as special
guests of "Susies Summer ball" here in Stuttgart, Germany, cueing rounds
phase II-VI.

Unfortunately this year no German caller attended the 56th Nationals.
Ok, Don Caspar (American caller&cuer who lives in Germany) was there,
but he was there as a cuer.

Heinz