[Squaredancing] After Parties

Mike Gormley WA8VEC at ARRL.NET
Wed Jun 4 22:13:19 EDT 2008

That sounds like a good idea down here in the Keys, because there are
perhaps 60 percent who live within the closed community where we dance.
A problem to contend with would be the size of one's home, which might
only be an RV or a mobile home like structure with a "Florida Room" .
At peak season we average 4 or 5 squares.  The nearest restaurant is 16
miles away in one direction and 16 in the other direction which is not
practical. There is just one road in the Keys, jumping from one island
to the next.  You either drive Northeast or Southwest.

We do have an occasional "pot luck" or "carry in", or a pizza party, but
my question is specific to After Parties associated with a dance.

In my original post, my reference to an after party, however is the one
with skits, jokes, goofy things to create laughter, costuming, games, etc.

Mike Gormley
Florida Keys
Long Key Squares
www.Mike-Gormley.com