[Squaredancing] CA Dancer Asks - Are We "Sameing" Ourselves toDeath?

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Mon Jun 9 06:27:09 EDT 2008

Hi Candy,
 I think these are very good reasons to dance square dance and it pleases me
that you have danced 'off and on' which means you can take a year or two off
anytime and still jump in and enjoy dancing and the club in town has not
changed levels up to SDP 10+*  New people will keep coming and bringing
their friends if they are ENJOYING themselves.

I think that many people enjoy dancing smoothly,  '' and they like to "kick
back" a little sometimes and just dance to a simple easy-to-understand
series of calls, particularly if the caller has paid a lot of attention to
good body flow and "intuitive" choreography'' to quote you. This activity
should be fun above all.

I 'forced' my mother to start against her will and she has never had so much
fun. She has to admit she has met people whom she may never have met
otherwise in her line of work and have turned out to be GREAT friends (and
she gets to dance, too!)

About clothes, I know about clubs (my mom's for one) who have had sewing
bees to help each other make pretty dresses and also clothes trading 'bees'
where old clothes can be traded (or sold cheaply) around to each other. This
should be encouraged in my opinion. We all get tired of our old rags and new
ones aren't always cheap (cheaper than horse riding, hang gliding or formula
car racing, though)
 "square dancing is friendship set to music" may be hokey but well, music
and friendship are two very valuable things that make life a bit more
livable.
Cynde
in Finland
*super duper pooper ten plus

... have chosen not to take classes in different programs,