[Squaredancing] The 57th NSDC is now history

M0220sr at aol.com M0220sr at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 16:47:17 EDT 2008

">But as long as the NEC  still forces "proper" attire, but means
>"Traditional" in the definition  of Legacy, Callerlab, ECTA and EAASDC,
>instead of  "casual" or at  least "proper" in the definition of Legacy,
>etc.,- and as long as there  still are too many people in the hobby who
>won't see the hard reality and  block any major changes to adjust the
>hobby to the needs of the actually  and younger customers, square dancing
>won't stop  extincting."

We saw all kinds of attire at NSDC this year.  Actually, we contacted one of
the leaders by email before we went so that  my wife could find out if she had
to wear the traditional attire or not.   She was pleased when she heard that
all kinds of attire were being accepted this  year:  regular attire with
petticoats, long dresses, prairie skirts,  8-gore skirts, etc.  It made it a lot
easier to pack clothes.

Richard