[Squaredancing] The 57th NSDC is now history

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Sun Jun 29 18:07:47 EDT 2008

At 04:36 PM 6/29/2008, ljknews wrote:
>At 4:47 PM -0400 6/29/08, M0220sr at aol.com wrote:
>
>>  We saw all kinds of attire at NSDC this year.  Actually, we
>> contacted one of
>>  the leaders by email before we went so that  my wife could find
>> out if she had
>>  to wear the traditional attire or not.   She was pleased when she
>> heard that
>>  all kinds of attire were being accepted this  year:  regular attire with
>>  petticoats, long dresses, prairie skirts,  8-gore skirts, etc.
>
> From some perspectives that does not even begin to approach
>"all kinds of attire".

That's very true. To see "all kinds of attire" go to the Gay
Convention next weekend in Cleveland...

Back to the attire at the 57th NSDC, I saw men dancing in tee shirts
and women in shorts (not skorts). I didn't see any men dancing in
shorts, but there may have been some, since it was very hot outside
on Thursday & Friday.

Ken