[Squaredancing] Mike Jacobs Memorial Web Site

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Wed Dec 9 23:35:12 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I've created a web site where people can upload stories about Mike
Jacobs and pictures of him. All stories and pictures will be approved
by me before they are visible for others to see.

On the form for adding your story, I ask for your email address. The
only time this is used is when the story is approved. A mail message
is sent to you automatically. The email address is not displayed on
the web site. There is a radio button on the form to indicate whether
the message is public or private. Private messages will be viewed by
Patty and/or Kristy via a special password protected web site.

You don't have to upload pictures to go with your stories.

Notes for the technical folks:
1) The site uses Javascript, so if you run with Javascript turned
off, it probably won't work well.
2) Flash 10 is needed for the upload mechanism to work.
3) I've tested the site on MSIE 7, Chrome, and Firefox v3.5.5 on
Windows and it seems to work OK. One caveat on Firefox -- if you run
with Firebug turned on there seems to be a problem with Firebug
interfering with the upload of the pictures. If you click on the
Upload Pictures button and the Upload button doesn't appear and you
have Firebug turned on, turn it off and try again.
4) I have not tested on any Macs or other hardware.

If you run into problems, please contact me.

Ken Robinson
kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com