[Squaredancing] Competition at the NSDC

Bob Ensten miatax at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 15:00:16 EDT 2009

The final registration was just about 4900.  Of course, not all were
square dancers.  There were cloggers, round dancers, C/W dancers,
and observers.  So, there might have been a total of 500 squares.
30 squares of competitors out of 500 (6%) is a really good turnout,
I think.  Especially since this was the first time it was tried at
NSDC in recent history and no one knew exactly what to expect.
Hopefully it will grow and spawn new interest in square dancing.

Bob Ensten
Windsor, CA